Scout Merit Badges!
The Tulsa Air and Space Museum and Planetarium is proud to announce the Scout Merit Badge Program! TASM will be offering programming for the following badges: Aviation, Astronomy, Space Exploration, and Campout. Merit badge programs are based on Boy Scouts of America standards and are conducted based on group preference. Badges are available via long form or condensed version.
For more information on getting your BSA Badge at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum please email [email protected]. Girl scout badges are also available!
- Take a guided museum tour and catch a planetarium show. Both catered to the topic of Aviation!
- Learn the four forces of flight, types of pilots, and careers in aviation.
- Construct a foam plate glider and test its capabilities.
- Read an aeronautical chart, learn instrument functions, plot a course, and fly it with our state of the art simulators!
- Take a guided museum tour and catch a planetarium show with an in-depth review of the night sky, milky way, and constellations. Both catered to the topic of Astronomy!
- Learn about different types of astronomical telescopes and the effects of light pollution.
- Describe the composition of the Sun, its relationship to Earth, and effects of radiation.
Space Exploration Badge:
- Take a guided museum tour and catch a planetarium show highlighting the history of space exploration, statellites, and the international space station.
- Create your own stomp rocket and launch on site while recieving an in-depth analysis of the iconic Space Shuttle.
- Learn about potential careers in the modern space age.
UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Stay overnight at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum and Planetarium! Campouts are curated based on individual group preferences and are sure to provide an experience that is out of this world!