Each of our volunteers brings a special touch to personal interactions with visitors. They lead tours, answer questions and share unique stories that make each visitor feel special. TASM welcomes new volunteers to join in on the adventure!
Schedules are flexible for volunteers – even a few hours a week are welcomed and appreciated.
- Tours – lead tours for visitor groups both large and small
- Greeter – welcome each guest with a smile, offer assistance, help with surveys
- Special Events – assist with planning and running events
- Artifacts and Curation – help catalog, store, restore and display artifacts
- Administrative and Sales – assist with paperwork, grant writing, answering phones or selling admission tickets
We Love Our Volunteers
TASM offers a variety of options for volunteers, including high school students completing required volunteer hours for clubs and graduation or college internships.
Our volunteers range from 10 years to 100 years young.
TASM volunteers are be provided with a TASM volunteer shirt and name tag to wear while on-duty.
The museum is open Monday – Saturday 10am-4pm, with morning volunteers arriving as early as 8am to enjoy coffee and happy morning visits, preparing for the day to come.
In addition to our public-facing volunteer staff, we have several behind-the-scenes volunteers working hard in museum operations, planning and artifact restoration.